How Your Donations Help
Research – Develop and fund research efforts to find treatments and ultimately a cure for lymphangiomatosis and Gorham’s disease.
- Implement strategies to promote increased government funding of lymphangiomatosis & Gorham’s disease research by the National Institutes of Health and other federal agencies.
- Build a Patient BioBank to collect and store blood samples, serum, and tissue specimens for investigators to begin research and get underway defining the characteristics and pathogenesis of these previously unstudied diseases.
Patient Support – Build the LGD Alliance to serve all people affected by lymphangiomatosis & Gorham’s disease.
- Build the LGD Alliance Patient Network.
- Deliver support programs to all patients & families – including maintaining and utilizing the Doctors Around the World (DAW) Directory.
- Develop a network of multidisciplinary treatment referral centers.
- Plan, organize, and conduct annual Patient Conferences.
Information and Education – Develop publications for health professionals, patients, and the public.
- Educate physicians about the diagnosis and treatment of lymphangiomatosis & Gorham’s disease.
- Develop and disseminate educational materials to patients.
- Design and deliver innovative national awareness campaigns to educate the public.
Advocacy – Advocate for constructive public policies that support lymphangiomatosis & Gorham’s disease patients and their families.
- Develop the outreach of The LGD Alliance advocacy network to secure urgently needed increases in funding for research and education programs.
- Educate policymakers about the critical needs of lymphangiomatosis & Gorham’s disease patients and their families.
- Collaborate with state and federal policymakers to establish programs for people with lymphangiomatosis & Gorham’s disease.