- This event has passed.
World LGDA Awareness Day
May 26, 2017
The LGDA and its worldwide partners, LGDA-Europe and Alfie’s Trust, are pleased to announce the establishment of an official Worldwide Awareness Day of May 26.
May 26 was selected for the awareness date in honor of LGDA Founder Jana Sheets, who was born on that day in 1974.
We need your help and participation to make it successful.
How to Participate:
- Select up to 5 words from the graphic below
- In an email, write a sentence with each word you choose describing feelings you have had in the time since you or your child, loved one, or friend was diagnosed
- Attach a photo of yourself, your child, or your family (optional)
- Tell us the patient’s diagnosis and age and where you live
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Using what you send us, we will create graphics that we will share throughout the week via our social media, newsletter, website and other channels to spread the word about these rare lymphatic diseases and the impact they have on affected patients and all those who care about them. We will only use your first name, diagnosis, and general location; for example: Mary – mother of 5 year old girl with Gorham’s disease – USA.
For more information and to see an example graphic, visit the LGDA website here
Please submit your information and photos by May 8, 2017.